So, I decided to take a break from the ship modding and do a quick painting of the large fire elemental from the Reaper Bones Kickstarter. Here is the before and after pictures:
I didn't ant to cover up the clear red/orange plastic so, I just painted the edges by dry-brushing. I started by doing this with red...hard to really see that you are doing anything at this step. I was a little more generous then the typical dry-brush method with this layer. Next, I dry-brushed on orange. you should start to see the details coming to life. Repeat until you are satisfied. Now, apply some yellow following the same method and repeat until you get the amount that you want. Finally, I mixed some white and yellow to get a very pale yellow. Dry-brush this on in the same manner, except do this sparingly and mostly around the tops on the flames. Now you can spray on a clear coat and you are done.
It will be a very good looking Greater Fire Elemental for Heroscape, hopefully, I can get another one. Now I just need to base him and design his card.