Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Dread Eye's Phantom Conversion WIP part 5

I got almost all of the painting done that I can do up to this point until I get the supplies for casting the modified ladder rungs and the cannons.

Okay, so after the priming it is time to paint the bones. I did 2 coats of an ivory color. I use water based acrylics so after painting I sealed them with a clear coat. For the clear coat here I used Krylon Satin Clear Coat.

  
Before sealing with the clear coat don't forget to paint the rest of the details: trim around the windows, ropes, and metal parts. I did the window trim and ropes in yellow, and the metal parts in a metallic copper. 


I didn't paint this part yet because I want to match it to the cannon ports and the wash would make it darker so, I will come back to it after I am done with the wash.


I am also thinking that I will dry brush the cannon ports to reveal there detail that you can't really see unless you look closely. But I will have to figure that out after the wash too.


Time for the wash. I use a dark brown for the wash, a lot of people use black, but black is not as realistic looking because it is not natural in nature. Here are a couple of pictures of some pieces with partial washes to show you the before and after.


Here are a couple pictures of some of the pieces with complete washes.



Not sure how I feel about the figurehead but I don't think I want to take the time to change it.


Now time for a test fit! Then another clear coat, but this time I will use Krylon Flat Clear Coat.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment