Monday, February 16, 2015

The Black Pearl Conversion WIP part 2

Wow the last time I worked on this was July of 2013...where does the time go? Alright I figured out what I am going to do with the 8 cannon ports. I only had 5 of the 8 cannon port covers so I glued 4 in place on the starboard (right) side.


Then I used my dremel to remove the "cannons" from the port (left) side.


I then made 4 cannons using my silicone cannon mold I made for the Boneyard and glued them in place. I also made the cannon port covers using the same wooden sticks I will use to make the deck.


Here is the ship completely glued together before priming.


I didn't take pictures of the ship primed but I used the same spray paint as on the Boneyard. The Rust-oleum - Rusty Metal Primer and Krylon - Satin Brown Boots as the base coat.


Here is the check list of what is left to complete the conversion: 
1. Make and paint decks
2. Add ladder rungs
3. Paint masts
4. Make sails
5. Make/buy/modify a steering wheel and anchor
6. Paint all details and final wash
7. Make base plate

No comments:

Post a Comment