Monday, February 9, 2015

UPDATE

Time for a much over due update. I have more started projects then I care to count. So, I will try to limit starting any new ones at the time and try to finish those that I have already started; like finishing the conversion of the Black Pearl.

There is one new project however, that I am starting that is of note. A new Valkyrie has entered the war on Valhalla! Brandar the Archkyrie of Isles of Haukeland has mastered the art of summoning warriors using the wellspring on Huakeland and has now entered the fight, after attacks on his ships made by Valkrill's ghost ship Boneyard.

Where is Huakeland you ask...below is a map of Valhalla, which has been colored and updated by DanieLoche on Heroscapers.com



Behold the symbol of Brandar:

Brandar currently fights along side Jandar and the alliance as they are enemies of Valkrill and Utgar, and we all know the enemy of my enemy is my friend. But only time will tell where his true allegiance lies. Yes, Brandar is also a name of a glyph already in Herosscape, however, most glyphs are named after Kyrie in Valhalla and why not use a mysterious glyph with no set power as the name for my new unknown Valkyrie. More will be learned of Brandar and his forces starting in Wave 4: Einar's Empire.

Many on Heroscapers.com have debated the Good/Neutral/Evil alignment of the Valkyrie after the introduction of the D&D waves and the introduction of Valkrill. I have made a chart showing what I think each Valkyrie's alignment is, shown below. This is helpful in creating custom units for each Valkyrie General and creating the new Valkyrie Brandar.
 
I know what you are thinking, why are you creating a new Valkyrie General? It has been done before and never really took off. Well I am doing this not because I think the units I am creating don't fit in with any of the existing Valkyrie Generals but because I want to flush out more of the story of Valhalla myself and believe I have found an unexplored part of Valhalla and the perfect theme to introduce a new Valkyrie General to Heroscape.

That is all for now. Until the next update





4 comments:

  1. Do you have a blank Brandar card template for use by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have a new update in the coming weeks and will upload one then. Thanks for the interest and I would love you see your customs you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Einar and Vydar are in each other's places. Einar is an Imperial general focused on created an empire for himself and he was original aligned with Utgar (as Mallidon's Prophecy stated). Vydar was the mysterious true neutral general who was originally unaligned and with mysterious motives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you note are true, however this my basis of where they are when the game stopped production not when it started. Einar had joined the forces of good to fight against Utgar, because he is concerned with his own well being and realized the complete destruction Utgar would bring, more of a neutral personality. Vydar had deceived and betrayed the alliance showing that his evil motives, now Vydar may still be more of a neutral personality but I feel he really fits better with evil, he is a warmonger with little to none of his own people left to follow/fight with or for him.

      Anyways thanks for the comment and interest!

      Delete