Monday, February 3, 2014

The Dread Eye's Phantom Conversion WIP part 8

Will this has been on hold for a few months...but the end is now in sight thanks to Rocktroll over on Heroscapers.com sending me a cannon, wheels, and a few extras.


So, to start of I will be using the wheel on the left for this ship. I will also be trimming down the attacknment for the wheel and then it can be painted.


I have replicated the cannon and painted it black. Now to glue them in place, I first glued them to a wooden stick (same ones used to make the decks), then painted.


Next, I glued them in place using super glue, starting with the outside guns and finishing with the one in the middle for both sides of the ship.


Now the main deck can be glued in place. Once the main deck is glued down it is time to glue down the replicated custom ladder rungs for the stairs. At this time I also glued down the wheel and put the masts in place.



Here they are in use with a few figures.


If you notice I have also glued the anchor in place, but before gluing in place first you need to attack the chain. Then it can be glued in place.


Next, I found a random washer type thing to use as the hole the anchor chain enters the ship. Here it is painted and glued in place.


Now cut the last link in the chain so it can be glued in place.


At this point the ship is useable for play, but it is missing sails. Once the sails are made the ship will be complete!




No comments:

Post a Comment