Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Dread Eye's Phantom Conversion WIP part 7

Progress for this conversion has been at a standstill as I search for a cannon and wait to order silicone and plastic. Well I still need a cannon but I have the silicone and the plastic so I decided to to get back to work on what I could. I finished paint the masts and I got an anchor and have it painted too.


I have also made a mold for the modified ladder rung to place on the stairs.


Now I need to make 20 replicas...which is underway.


As you can see if you are not careful you can get air bubbles in the plastic which causes imperfections (look at the replica on the left). Still useable just not as pretty.

While working on the ladder rungs I noticed that I missed a portion of the deck, part of the stairs, that needed to be covered. So, I took some of the extra plastic card (the plastic for sale sign) and made a small wooden deck for both sides.


Here they are painted and glued in place.



Here is what is left on the to do list:
1. Replicate a cannon, paint, and glue in place
2. Modify ladder rungs for stairs, paint and glue in place
3. Finish painting masts
4. Make sails
5. Make/buy/modify a steering wheel and anchor

No comments:

Post a Comment