Saturday, April 20, 2013

Weekly Update

Well, it was another great week for Heroscape. The Dungeon Crawler Kickstarter was a major success and I can't wait until all of my new minis get here. Time to start working on making custom units out of all of these great minis so I can have some epic sea battles.

Disney Scape
I am done with the all of the Never Fairy units, now it is time to move on to the Princesses. These have been much harder to create and currently I only have 1 of them really complete...so we will start with Princess Aurora and come back to the others once I get to them. But here is a picture of them all.



The Dark Rider of Mimring WIP
So, I really enjoy making customs that are official characters that were not made into playable units, like my Raelin the Kyrie Warrior and the Xualtiaca Fire Ants (which I am still working on). If you have seen or read the few Heroscape comics then you will know that Raelin is at one point Mind Shackled by Kee-Mo-Shi, hence my custom of Raelin following Utgar. Well in that same comic before the forces of Jandar find out Raelin has been Mind Skackled they encounter Mimring and his new rider...who unknown to them is Raelin. You can check out the comic HERE by downloading it. To create this custom figure I modded a Mimring and Raelin the Kyrie Warrior (RotV). Here are a couple pictures showing where I am at, I can't wait to start painting.
Now time for the abilities; not sure if I will use all 4 but most likely I will because True Identity isn't a real power more of a rule to prevent the use of multiple Raelins or Mimrings. 

TRUE IDENTITY
If you have Dark Rider of Mimring in your army you may not have Raelin the Kyrie Warrior or Mimring in your Army.

DEFENSIVE AURA
All figures you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Dark Rider of Mimring add 1 to their defense dice. Dark Rider of Mimring’s Defensive Aura does not affect Dark Rider of Mimring.

FIRE LINE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
Choose 8 spaces in a straight line from Dark Rider of Mimring. All figures on those spaces who are in line of sight are affected by Dark Rider of Mimring’s Fire Line Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Dark Rider of Mimring’s movement, ignore elevations. Dark Rider of Mimring may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Dark Rider of Mimring starts to fly, if she is engaged she will take any leaving engagement attacks.



2 comments:

  1. How about upping Mimring's defense to represent Raelin's aura and dropping the aura ability all together. In the comics it never insinuated that she used her ability and in fact did not have her spear if I remember correctly....now I am doubting the spear part. Anyways, just drop the aura.

    However, I do see precedence for four abilities where one is negative. It will just be microscopic text with Flying on there unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only reason that I am considering using her Defensive Aura is because I gave it to the version of her that is not actually on Mimring, and it will create interesting situations with both defending and attacking. I am also, considering using the Flying symbol the C3G uses to help keep the text from becoming to small.

      I also want to use the Flying symbol for to cut down on the text for the actual Valkyrie General units I am createing. If the C3G can get away with it why can't it be used on classic scape units...Flying is a simple power after all.

      Delete