Friday, February 7, 2014

The Dread Eye's Phantom Conversion WIP part 9

Time for the final part of my conversion for the Mega Bloks Dread Eye's Phantom. Now I didn't have sails for my ship so I needed to make new ones. I made three sails of different sizes and patterns. To do this I bought some cheap tan fabric from Wal-mart and had my wife help with the patterns and the sewing. 





I had her sew them so the top of the sail could slip on to the "yard" or crossing mast. I also had her sew the bottom of the sails so I could slip a wire through it for the rigging. Then put a loop on each end to tie the rigging to.


Next, the yards are painted and I glue on one of the end caps and then slip the yard in to the corresponding sail and glue on the other cap.


Now I decided that I would have the main sail raised permanently, because it looked weird and this allows less obstruction to moving the minis around. For this my wife helped a lot. Below you can see what we did to raise it.


Once the sails are assembled and attached to the masts, it is time for some rigging. I found this yellow string at Micheal's to use for this ship, to match the yellow accents I painted. Adding the rigging really helps bring it to life and add that little bit of extra detail.


Here is a couple side shots of the completed ship!! Now I just need to do a little photo shoot to show everything off.






2 comments:

  1. Awesome custom! I'd love to be able to play on something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I am glad you like. I can't wait to finally play a game on it now that it is complete.

      Delete