Wednesday, November 5, 2014

How to: Make Smoke Pillars

I have seen these used by others on Heroscapers.com and I thought they added a lot of esthetic value to the battle field and they make great line of sight blockers too! This is a quick and cheap project that can add a lot to your battle fields. I found this blog that goes through the same process I will show you. First, lets look at the list of items we will need to make these:

  • LED Electric tealights (I bought mine in a 2 pack at the dollar store)
  • Stuffing (I used some left over batting for quilts my wife had but you can also use stuffing for pillows or stuffed animals)
  • Black spray paint (I used the cheap $1 can from Wal-mart)
  • Hot glue gun
  • Scissors 

Next cut a strip of batting to be glued to the tealight.



Now place some glue on the top of the tealight and quickly place the batting on it, rapping in a circle. Be careful not to burn your self.


Now continue placing glue on the side of the tealight, continuing to rap the batting around the tealight.


You should now be at the point wear you need to cut off the extra batting.


Glue down the last part of batting on the side and this is what you should have:


Now fluff, pull, and blend the batting together until you are pleased with the way it looks. Now it is time to spray paint it black.


And that is it! Now just test out the light.




No comments:

Post a Comment