Wednesday, November 5, 2014

How To: Make an Orc Camp Fire

This is another option similar to the smoke pillars but requires a little more work. Here is the list of what you will need to make this:
  • LED Electric tealights (I bought mine in a 2 pack at the dollar store)
  • Stuffing (I used some left over batting for quilts my wife had but you can also use stuffing for pillows or stuffed animals)
  • Black spray paint (I used the cheap $1 can from Wal-mart)
  • Clear spray paint (I like the Krylon matte)
  • Hot glue gun
  • Scissors
  • Heroscape 7 hex piece
  • Dremel
  • Super glue
  • Masking tape
  • Paint: red, orange, grey, and black   
  • Small rocks
  • Sticks(twigs/branches)
First, you will need to outline and cut out a circle in the Heroscape 7 hex piece for the tealight to fit into. Like so:


Now using the super glue, glue the tealight into place.


This next step is optional. I painted my 7 hex piece, but this is not required. If you do this make sure to cover the light with some tape. 


Now follow the steps on making the smoke pillar found HERE. Again, be careful here as you paint the batting so not to paint your 7 hex piece too. You can cover it using tape and paper.

Now time to glue on the rocks and stick pieces. Break the sticks into smaller pieces first.


Time to paint. Grab the orange paint (just use the cheap acrylic stuff from Wal-mart) and dab it onto the sticks.


Now, do the same thing with the red paint.


Continue the process with the black paint.


Now your sticks should be looking like they are burning. I decided to paint the rocks but you don't have to if you like the way they look. I wanted mine to match the hexes so I used grey paint to do this.


You can add a clear coat of spray paint if you wan to, but other wise it is complete. The only thing left to do is light it up.




No comments:

Post a Comment